Time for Action
The SME sector is often overlooked sector in the push for a more sustainable future. At Accloud we believe that small, mighty entrepreneurs can be an important driving force behind a sustainable revolution. That’s why we’re taking action to support them. By joining forces, we can work together to achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Our platform is designed to make progress possible. As we rewrite the rules of enterprise, we’re starting a new chapter in human development.
We are about action and not just words. As such we are aligned with the Principles for Responsible Investment, set out by the PRI in partnership with UNEP Finance Initiative and UN Global Compact.
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Where else we can help
Our innovative tech platform provides simple, easy to use business management tools, opening up new trade opportunities and increasing access to capital growth markets. This allows us to:
- Increase household income
- Improve digitisation amongst micro-SME communities
- Close the funding gap for micro-SMEs through the provision of accessible, affordable capital for the first time
- Create job opportunities and stimulate an entrepreneurial environment
- Combat income inequality between urban and rural areas
- Improve community access to schools and hospitals
- Boost social prosperity and national GDP as a whole
Ernie James Academy
As part of Accloud’s commitment to improve lives in the communities in which we operate, we have set up an initiative providing direct assistance to schoolgirls from deprived families across India through a school scholarship programme: the Ernie James Academy
Key to this programme is not just providing the opportunity for education, but also compensating families for any loss of income as a result of the child not working, as is common in much of rural India.
The longer-term objective is to provide these girls with the skills to start their own businesses, thereby supporting long-term local economic growth, job creation and gender equality.
The Academy has been named for its Founder’s grandfather, Ernie James. Ernie gave a lifetime of service to education, starting at the age of 14. He was a passionate teacher, helping children in both urban and rural Australia throughout his lifetime. He was committed to giving all children an equal opportunity in life and went where he was needed most. The Ernie James Academy continues his dedicated work.